Designed and built to depict ethnic "Newari" and "Gurung" building styles of Nepal, the rooms do not come with a television, but who would really need one when rooms with the best views display huge panaromic glass windows in front of your king sized beds? It is like having your own 150 inch plasma television, and it's constantly playing the nature show, live, right in your room.
The Village Resort accommodation has been designed and built to depict various ethnic building styles of Nepal, currently has thirty six rooms with all modern amenities of which sixteen rooms are housed in four traditional Newari architectural style units with four rooms each per unit and five units built in traditional Gurung architectural style with four units of four rooms each and two single storey units with two rooms each and a central block of two storeys comprising of the bar & lounge, the restaurant and the conference room. Pathways wind up between bushes and trees that lead to the various types of accommodations. The rooms are unclutered and stylish with traditional soft furnishings and decorative items, wooden flooring with throw rugs on the floors and each room has its own garden space with hammocks and lounge chairs. The bathrooms are also uncluttered and offer no bathtubs, replacing it with an outdoor feeling shower stall and with the large windows offer fantastic views. Each room has tea/coffee making facilities with a choice of normal and herbal teas and coffee. The identification, in the basic design of the rooms is that the living space ones needs when working is different to that we need when we wish to relax. Hence the main stress on ones own outside space. The guest accommodation is a combination of excellent locations, panoramic mountain views blended with essential modern comforts.
Himalayan Shangri-La Resort offers well furnished Thirty-six cosy rooms with attached bathrooms. You will find here an unbelievable tranquility away from the capital's hubbub where your dreams come true. The hospitable staff will greet you and assist you for the right kind of activities during your stay.
The centrally located main in - house Shangri-La restaurant serves popular menus Chinese, Indian , Continental and exquisite Nepali cuisine.
The resort is a paradise for bird watching. A large variety of Birds and butterflies can be found around the resort complex. Of course the views of sunrise and sunset from Himalayan Shangri-La's commanding and unobstructed heights are the most superb in Dhulikhel. So, once you are there at Himalayan Shangri-La Resort, you can do as much or as little as you wish because it’s a real Shangri-La. You will be enchanted !
The bar decorated in Nepali style is fully stocked. There is also outdoor barbecue area in the greenery.
Guest blocks are designed in distinct Nepali architecture and the artistic woodcarvings are done by craftsmen from Kathmandu valley.
While in Himalayan Shangri-La you can go to watch the ethnic life in surrounding villages and hamlets at close range. A day long hiking or bicycle trip to the Buddhist shrine 'NAMOBUDDHA' and ancient town of PANAUTI is quite popular. If you are more adventurous you can venture for rafting, fishing or swimming on the SUNKOSHI river 25 km down the valley.
- Fabulous location on Natural Amphitheater.
- Highest Resort in Dhilikhel.
- Representing the ethnic architecture of Nepal.
- Luxury and comfort blended with natural setting.
- Nirvana and Namura Halls for banquet, seminar and meeting.
- 36 luxurious rooms Theme Bungalow ( Newari & Mountain Wings), each with all modern amenities and Himalayan view.
- Authentic restaurant serving international cuisine.
- Terraces offering wonderful view of the Himalayan Panorama for out door catering.
- Exotic Forest of its own with Birds and Butterflies.
- Unmatched tranquility and peacefulness.
- Own picnic spots for private Picnic and Parties, secluded and undisturbed.
- Highest Sunrise and Sunset Point in Dhulikhel.
- Children's wonderland facilitated with modern play equipment and attended by babysitter to ensure safety.
- Nostalgic bar to indulge yourself with varieties of mouthwatering beverages.
- Travel and Tour related Services.
- Shop Inn" Gift shop for your convenience.
- STD/ISD Telephone Fax, E-mail/Internet services.
- Thatched huts for meditation purposes.
- Laundry services at your disposal.
- Display of Nepalese Traditional artifacts.
- Natural walk and Village profile with escort
CONFERENCE AND BANQUET
- Banquet Hall with a capacity to accommodate 50-60 Persons
- Meeting and Conference to accommodate 40-65 Persons
- Full Conference Facilities including Audio-Visual Equipment and Secretarial Services
Located in the central block is open all day and offers multi cuisine as well as specialized set menus. Meals on the go like picnic baskets, box breakfasts and box lunches are also catered to. Has its own fireplace and terrace. BBQ’s in the wild is also catered to seasonally.
Shangri-La Bar, Lounge & Library
Located also in the central block below the restaurant opens mid-morning and offers a full service bar with a very wide choice of cocktails, hard / soft beverages including its own wine cellar and has two fireplaces. Specialized BBQ’S every day during winter months with bon fires in the terrace. Live traditional folk music every night. Offers Management reception with “Himalayan Happy Hour” every evening which is included in the room/package rates. Personalized check-in and escort to room, welcome drink and cold/hot towels on arrival also done here. An extensive collection of photographs, books, journals and periodicals would also be on offer here.
Conference and Meetings
Located above the restaurant accommodates 60 guests and is equipped with a wide range of modern conference aids.
Offers a wide range of massages in the wilderness with well trained inhouse masseurs.
A host of activities is on offer like Hiking, Mountain biking, white water rafting and kayaking in the Bhote Koshi, bungy jumps, bird watching trips and visits to the old Newari town of Dhulikhel and religious centers in and around. The sunrise and sunset view point is located within the Village Resort and is just a short walk from the guest accommodations. Mountain Bikes and Guides are available for hire.
In Room Dining
Is offered seasonally and features creative and varied menu selections for elegant private meals or light snacks.
Imaginative theme lunches, dinners, special occasions are also planned and catered to.